It’s time for the my monthly wrap up post. This is being written a day early as I will be going on a two week holiday to Wales on the day of posting, but thank god for scheduled posts huh? I read a total of 20 books this month. Last week I didn’t think I would read 20 but as I got sick last week I managed to get 9 books in in the last week and omg how? I did some rereading this month for new releases coming out. I made use of my Kindle Unlimited as I read so many through there! I bought a second hand kindle Paperwhite last month which means I won’t have to read through the kindle app and it’s so nice! Anyway, here we go!
1. I started September off with a reread of the Like Us books. As I had already read Damaged Like Us earlier this year, I decided to continue to listen and read Lovers Like Us. Normally I commute to work by train, but my sister was on holiday the first three weeks of September so I was able to borrow her car. I listened to the audio books for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th book in the Like Us series. I love them so much!
2. Of course I continued on with Alphas Like Us as soon as I finished LLU. The fifth book in the series would be coming out with month and I wanted to be caught up again in all that happens in this series! Alphas might be my second favourite of the Marrow books, as it is okay but not as good as Lovers.
3. Then it was time to reread Tangled Like Us. I love Jane and Thatcher so much it’s unreal and I loved rereading their story again. Or the start of their story I should say as the fifth book is about them as well. Jane is a girl to my heart, she loves her cats, is confident in herself and doesn’t know what her passion is. I feel like that sometimes too. I love what I do but sometimes I doubt if it’s something what I’d do for the rest of my life. I can’t wait to read Sinful Like Us now that I’m all caught up again! I want to know what happens next so so bad.
4. Of course, me being me, I finished the previous series before the new book would release and I had to bide some time before I could go into that one. I decided to pick up a new series by C.M. Stunich. I read a series by her last month which I really enjoyed and I thought I’d pick up another one. The series starts with The Secret Girl about Charlotte who goes to an all boys school as her dad is headmaster there. The book was fun and I really enjoyed it but I wish it would’ve gone a bit faster than it did now. I do love her group of guys though.
5. Onto book two, The Ruthless Boys, this series is a fun read, sadly enough the series isn’t finished yet and I will have to wait for the conclusion! This book was a good read though, I loved reading what Charlotte and the boys would get up to this time around. Their relationships developed and I just loved the twins. The book did give me a bit of a Ouran High School Host Club vibe, but then again it is mentioned several times in the book two xD
6. Then it was FINALLY time to read Sinful Like Us the book that comes next in the Like Us series. I loved this book. I am not going to spoil anything as I know there’s a lot of people still wanting to read this. I will just say that I know that KB got a lot of hate for some parts in this book and that just makes me really upset. You can’t pass judgement on a book that has not been released yet, there’s nothing to judge. I will be keeping my eye out for the book and I can’t wait to read it. For now Krista and Becca have yet to disappoint me.
7. September was a month with so many new releases that I really really wanted to read as soon as possible! If It’s Only Love was no different. Lexi Ryan has been writing the series over the past year (?) and I am absolutely loving them. I think this is the final book in the series for now but it was another incredible read. I am going to miss these girls and guys so much!
8. Next up is The Billionaire Book Club and we finally get to read Cap’s story. Cap who was ‘narrating’ the other books in this series telling us he would be the ultimate bachelor while his friends fell in love around him. I loved this book. I love that the billionaires get a book club made up because Cap wants to impress his girl and he doesn’t know how. I love Thatch so so much! He was so funny. I can’t wait to find out what is next by Max Monroe!
9. And then it was time for what feels like the biggest book on my bookshelf. It’s not, actually, but with it’s 731 pages it is still a beast. I started reading Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow a few years ago, but I didn’t get really far. This time I was set on finishing it and boy did I do it. I loved this so much. I loved seeing moments where Lin Manuel-Miranda got his inspiration from, some lines that are actually in the musical and Ron Chernow has such a way with words in this. I think I’ve never highlighted a book more than I’ve done with this one.
10. My tenth book in September was the newest release by Tia Louise, Boss of Me. I love a good enemies to lovers story line and this was one for the books (literally). I loved this so much and I flew through it. As I said I made good use of my KU and this was one of the books that I read through that. I am so happy that I found Tia as an author, she has written some incredible books and Boss of Me is definitely one of them! I can’t wait to find out what will be next for her.
11. Lauren Layne has been one of my favourite authors for a long time and I will always read her new releases. But especially this one I was looking forward to. Passion on Park Avenue was already incredible, Love on Lexington might even been better than that one. I loved the premise of the story and especially the story line in this one was incredible. I can’t wait to find out what will happen in the last book in this series! Mind you they can be read separately!
12. Time to continue my reread of the Throne of Glass series. Mind you I started last year October! But I continued where I left off and that was Queen of Shadows. It’s only the second time I’m reading this but I forgot how much I loved this series and how each book just keeps getting better and better. I just love Aelin and all the others. I love how she hides her plans until the last minute and ends up giving especially Rowan and Aedion a heart attack when they’re revealed. I can’t wait to continue on!
13. Time for another new release in September. Namely the newest release by Kendall Ryan. All the Way tells the story of Becca and Owen. Becca has has been sexually assaulted whilst in college and has never done anything remotely sexual since then. When drunk she tells her best friend Owen that she wants him to help her get there again. Because she feels like she wants to. Of course they end up falling in love with each other and this might’ve been the cutest one I’ve read by Kendall so far!
14. Time for another book by C.M. Stunich. I became a member of her Facebook group and they kept talking about one of her series and I just knew I had to read it. Groupie is the first in the series and let’s us meet Lilith who after a break up with her ex, and then her father passing away ends up at a concert for the band Beauty in Lies. She wants to sell the tickets her ex got her as she needs gas money. It seems that there’s a contest going on and without realizing she wins it, she finds one of the band members and it allowed backstage to the concert. And from there on it all starts happening.
15. Roadie continues on right after Groupie ends. Lilith and her boys continue on with the tour and they become more and more inseparable. I loved this trilogy a lot. I have not read a lot of Reverse Harem books but this might be my favourite out of the ones I’ve read so far. It was also the more mature one, dealing with more mature themes than the previous two I read by C.M. After finishing this I went straight into Moxie, as I simply had to know how this was going to end.
16. Moxie was the perfect conclusion to this trilogy. Whilst I will not tell you how it ends, of course, cause I am not that cruel. I do like how it ended. I feel like it was a proper ending to a trilogy that had as much angst as it had love and I was so intrigued by these books that I read them in less than two days and simply couldn’t stop reading them. Cause let’s face it, wouldn’t we all dream of a group of guys completely idolizing us?
17. After finishing Queen of Shadows I knew that I had to read Empire of Storms soon. The book that ripped out my heart when I first read it when I realized just what had happened at the very end and then I had to wait two year to read how it would unfold as Sarah decided to tell Chaol’s story first. I loved Tower of Dawn but omg after and ending like EoS, I couldn’t just go on and wait for two year to find out what was going to happen to Aelin and her group of people! Empire of Storms was a ride from start to finish and I LOVED it.
18. I decided to read When We Kiss next, one that has been on my kindle for a while and actually the reason why I got my KU. I ended up realizing it’s actually the second book in this but that’s okay, you can read them in whatever order you want to read them in. But Tabby and Chad, swoon, they were perfect together, I absolutely loved this book so much.
19. Next up was the other book. When We Touch tells the story of Emberly and Jackson. Emberly is Tabby’s best friend and we meet her in When We Kiss. I loved this book so much. Ember and Jackson were together ten years before until Jackson left for college. He promised he would be back but never came back and Ember was left behind devastated. When Jackson needs a change of scenery he returns to Oceanside and thinks Ember must be long gone, can you imagine the shock when he realizes she’s still there?!
20. And then guys, my perfect four and five star September months, was interrupted by the following book. Mommy’s Boyfriend by Veronica Snow was a book that I picked up purely because of the premise. It sounded promising but it was anything but. It was such a shame because I wanted to really really love this but I just didn’t… I ended up giving the book stars for a whole lot of reasons. The full review is up on my Goodreads if you want to find out more.
And that was it guys, All the books that I read in September and I absolutely loved it. I can’t wait to find out what October brings me!