And then we were at the end of June already.. What?! How did this year fly by so quickly? I topped off my June by reading my 108th book, what? I know I’ve been flying through books but I’m on a role and I will be taking advantage of it before I get in that reading slump and won’t get anything done! In June I read a total of 16 books, some on audio, some in physical form and others as ebooks. I am loving these wrap ups, because I get to reflect on my reading! So here we go;
1. The first book I read in June was an arc I received of Coldhearted Boss by R.S. Grey. Now Rachel’s books always get me in the best mood while reading them and Coldhearted Boss wasn’t any different. I’ve said it before but I will say it again, I am a sucker for a good enemies to lovers story and combine that with Rachel’s witty storytelling and you got an incredible book. I gave this book a whopping stars so I started June pretty well!
2. After having listened to the Twist Me trilogy by Anna Zaires last month, I couldn’t wait to start her next trilogy. The trilogy intertwines with the first one and I loved the storyline as well as revisiting familiar characters. Lucas and Yulia were incredible together. Capture Me is the first part and actually has some part of the last book in the previous trilogy in it but told from other perspectives which I loved. I ended up giving this one stars, the narrators of this trilogy are as perfect as the Twist Me narrators were!
3. The next book in said trilogy is Bind Me , it continues on with the story of Lucas and Yulia right where we left off in the first book. The book takes us deeper into the relationship that the two are developing sometimes a bit against their will too. According to my Goodreads account I’ve already read this trilogy before but I can’t remember much of it if I have indeed. The second book got a star rating off of me as well!
4. Last in the trilogy is Claim Me. While Lucas and Yulia have long told themselves that they’re not in love with each other and they’re simply captor and captive, of course there’s so much more to this than that. After the events at the end of the last book, we enter new territory and I am here for it. I absolutely loved it! The conclusion to the trilogy gets stars from me!
5. The fifth book I read in June was Amour Amour by the incredible Krista and Becca Ritchie. The book is part of the Aerial Etherial series and I LOVE them. Amour Amour was a reread for me as I read it last year as well but I loved this all over again. Nikolai is the perfect broody guy and Thora the perfect heroine. Together they were fireworks. I am still not sure if I will reread Infini in July but I will reread it soon as well. I hope there will be a lot more books in this series in the future as I love being part of the circus world! Amour Amour kept its star rating that I gave it last year.
6. One of Kendall Ryan’s June releases was up next. The Two-week Arrangement was one that I didn’t expect to be in two parts. My sister read it first and was so frustrated as the second one wouldn’t come out until the end of the month which is why I decided to take a bit more time with it. I still read it pretty early on in June and ended up loving it a lot but yes I do agree it is a bit frustrating to not be able to continue in what feels like to be the middle of the story! I still loved it a lot though! Hence why it received stars from me!
7. Estelle Maskame is a young author whose books I’ve been devouring. I love reading a bit of a forbidden romance and hers definitely is that. Tyler and Eden returned in a short story as part of a anniversary of her first book being written. Did I Mention It’s 10 Years Later was cute but way too short in my opinion, I would’ve loved to read so much more of this! DIM got stars from me this time around.
8. Next up was another arc. Also a book that I’ve been waiting for with a lot of impatience. Sarina Bowen is one of my favourite authors out there and her Brooklyn Bruisers story is one of my favourites. Superfan is the newest release and tells the story of Silas and his crush on famous superstar Delilah might just be one of my favourite books of the year. I devoured this and I am already looking forward to Sarina’s next release! Superfan of course got stars out of me.
9. What am I going to tell you guys about the next book on my June list… Pestilence wasn’t.. good? I went into it expecting to at least like it a little bit, but it was just too much for me.. The idea is as followed; the four horsemen come to earth to kind of reset the earth and get rid of humanity as it keeps destroying the planet. One girl tries to kill the first Horsemen, Pestilence but fails to do so and he captures her. He takes her along his journey and while he keeps on wiping out all humankind, she starts falling in love with him. My only question was; why? He literally kills while she’s there, sometimes to take the house of people so she can sleep and just watches her take care of the people until they die in front of her… I don’t ever give ratings below three stars unless they’re really bad. Pestilence got only because the writing style that Laura used was something I liked. The story, just wasn’t for me.
10. After the previous one I was in the mood to read something that I knew I was going to love reading and decided I’d pick up Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas. Rhian and Misha have been penpals since they were little, Rhian’s teacher thinking Misha was a girl and Misha’s teacher thinking Rhian was a boy. But when Misha finds out Rhian isn’t who he thinks she is he decides to mess with her and they go from penpals to enemies. Rhian none the wiser about who Misha really is to her. I loved this book, I was a bit bummed the story was set in high school but it made up for it and I couldn’t put it down once I’d started. It had been a while since I read a book by Penelope and this was a great one to pick up, I ended up giving it stars.
11. As I told you all in my last wrap up, I love a book by Mariana Zapata. I am slowly making my way through them and as I only had two left to go, I decided to go with the one that I had on my actual bookshelves. It being Under Locke, after reading about Dex and Iris in Kulti knowing now where they’d end up I couldn’t wait to find out how they got started. I love a good slowburn romance and Mariana is the queen of them, but oh my god this one nearly killed me. The tension was there and the moments were there but nothing ever happens until so late into the book! I loved it and couldn’t give it anything but stars.
12. Next up is another arc by one of my favourite authors, T.M. Frazier. Tracey writes the most amazing erotica romances. Her King series will forever by one of my top series and her newest release in the series, N9ne is a good next installment. What I might have loved most about this book was the return of so many favourite characters out of the previous books but most of all Preppy. Of course the book is the story of Preppy’s little brother Kevin so how could he not make an appearance. I can’t wait to find out what is going to be next! N9ne received a good stars from me!
13. The thirteenth book I read in June is one I should’ve read way earlier but for some reason hadn’t yet. The newest release by Tia Louise, Stay tells the story of single mum Emmy who takes care of her little boy after her divorce. When Stephen Hastings is suddenly in front of her again she’s not sure what to do. Emmy lost her virginity to her brother’s friend years before and after he left her like nothing had happened, Emmy decided she would never look at him again. Of course that’s not how it goes. When Stephen proposes a marriage out of convenience for benefits her son needs, Emmy starts looking at him different eventually. Stay was incredible and received stars from me.
14. And then there was part two in the Penthouse Affair duet by Kendall Ryan, Seven Nights of Sin continues where The Two Week Arrangement left off. I was so happy to be able to continue the story as I was eager to find out what was going to happen next. Kendall did not disappoint. I really liked this duet, it was cute and rough and thankfully had a happy ending. I love the single dad romances. In my eyes there’s nothing cuter than a hot single dad hehe. Seven Nights of Sin got stars from me.
15. Nearly at the end of my list! My fifteenth book I read this month was another reread. I decided to reread On Dublin Street by Samantha Young as I was in the mood for one of her books and it had been a good while since I read anything from this series. I first read this book in 2015 so I though I’d be up for a reread. Joss and Braden are amazing, I love their banter and how they eventually get together because you could see that happening from a mile apart! On Dublin Street also kept the rating I gave it back when I first read it, stars.
16. The final book of June was also a reread. Stolen by Lucy Christopher was one of the books that I bought when I visited San Francisco in June 2014 and I read it on my plane ride home from there. Maybe that’s why I loved it as much back then and gave it five stars. While I still liked the book, it was no longer a five star read for me, I ended up giving it stars which is a bit lower. Stolen will forever hold the best memories for me, because the trip to San Francisco was one that I absolutely loved taking!
And that was the end of this wrap up! I can’t wait to see what I get to read in July, but you will have to wait a month to find out! I hope you read as many incredible books as I did and will in the coming month.