And then it was the end of April and with that comes another one of my wrap ups. I’ve been really enjoying doing these every single month. It sort of lets me rethink about the books that I read. I am a fast reader and sometimes by the end of the month I forget some of the details that I have read in the books. These wrap ups make me rethink on them and kinda relive the books in my head. But that being said, here we go. I read a total of 14 books this month, 6 physical books, 6 ebooks and 2 audiobooks. I am really loving this so much. Let me take you through all that I ended up reading.
1. The first book that I read this month, was a reread. I really want to reread the Harry Potter series this year and I was already up to book four so that’s the one I started out with. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire has always been one of my favourite books in the series. I just love the element of the tournament and the magic that goes through these books. I can’t wait to get started on book five and see if I still love that one as much as I’ve done previous times I’ve read it!
2. The second book was one that I bought on a lim, because I saw it while scrolling through my feed on instagram. One of the people that I follow was raving about this book and I trust her opinions a lot which lead to me buying the book. I bought, received and FLEW through this book. I finished The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros at 2.30am whilst completely in tears for the last 50 pages or so. This book was SO incredible that I instantly took it with me the next time I saw my sister because like I do, she loves military romances as well. And frankly, I wanted her to read this book and be broken like I was!
3. Another series that I really want to reread, is the Percy Jackson series. I read this series back whilst I was an au pair in 2014. I flew through the series but I just really love the vibe the series gives up. I’m a sucker for Greek mythology and this book just gives it all. I bought the series through my kindle app, as I love that I can make the annotations and high lights in the books. Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief is the first in the series and thereby the first in my reread.
4. The fourth book I read is a picture book. The bookshops here in the Netherlands have started this thing where every few months or so they will release a book, most of the time a really popular children’s book and you buy it for only €2. I have bought all the books up until now because I love books and I have read all of those books when I was little. Anyway, this time if was a book about Frog and Frog is one of my favourite picture book series out there.
5. Next up is the newest release by Lexi Ryan. Crazy for Your Love was one of my most anticipated for April and I dove straight in as soon as I received it on my kindle app. I have been loving this series so much and the fifth book was no exception. I can’t wait for the next one that is coming in September. Lexi has gained a new fan in me!
6. Whilst Defy Me came out this month, I still have to read it. I did however read the novella that Tahereh released. It’s in Kenji’s POV and I loved it so much! Shadow Me was way too short and I can’t wait to read the other novella that will be releasing in his pov. I love reading about him. He was always one of my favourite characters and I love that he has his own novellas.
7. And then The Red Scrolls of Magic arrived on my doorstep. Cassandra Clare is releasing these books in such a quick pace that I haven’t even all caught up in the Shadowhunter world yet. However I will gladly take a pause and read about Magnus and Alec at any time. I loved going back to the period between the books in the Mortal Instruments series where Magnus and Alec go on a trip around Europe and of course get into trouble. I really liked this book, I hope the second book will be here before we know it!
8. Next up is the first audiobook that I listened to/read this month. Damaged Like Us by Krista and Becca Ritchie is the first book in the Like Us series and starts off a few years after the end of the Addicted/Calloway Sisters series. It can be read separately from those, but I recommend just reading it all because they’re amazing! Maximoff and Farrow are just two of the most incredible characters and while Moffy is eerily like me with his overthinking, I just can’t help but love him so much. The audiobook was incredible and I can’t wait to dive into the second one soon!
9. Next up is another novella that I read. I knew it was out there but I never read it until I saw one of my bookish friends read it. The Lost Sisters is part of the Folk of the Air series, which also include The Cruel Prince and the Wicked King which I read last year and in January. The Lost Sisters is told from Taryn’s perspective and ugh I just can’t stand her. She makes such stupid decisions and I just want to yell at her!
10. I received the next book in my March fairyloot box and I hadn’t read it yet. Again the same bookish friend as the last book was reading this and she said it was so good. I was inbetween books at the time and decided to dive into it. Boy, am I glad I decided to do so. To Best the Boys is such an amazing book. I’ve loved every single second of it and I sincerely hope that there will be a book two for it! I hadn’t read anything by Mary Weber before so I was so excited when I finished and loved this so much as I did.
11. And then suddenly there was Top Secret by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy. Two of my favourite romance/new adult authors and they made this magical book appear on my kindle. Top Secret tells the story of Keaton and Luke. Keaton has been happy with his girlfriend for years and is kind of shocked when she asks him for a threesome. He goes on this app to find a suitable guy and finds Luke (who is also one of his frat brothers and they reaaaaally dislike each other). They start chatting and eventually hit it off. Of course it isn’t as simple as that but I’ll let you find out the rest for yourself. I LOVED this book so much! I am a sucker for hate-to-love tropes, for text messages in books and for M/M romances like these.
12. Back in 2015 I did my first read through of A Game of Thrones which I liked but wasn’t really into all that much. When I noticed one of my fellow bookstagrammers FLYING through the series, I started talking to her and eventually decided to give the series a second go. I picked up the first book in the series again and flew through it myself. I don’t know if I was just in the mood for it, or if it’s the tv series almost ending. I am loved this so much. I really want to continue on with the series this time around, because I am set on finishing it at least once!
13. Kendall Ryan’s newest release dropped just in the last week of April and was so excited to read it. Junk Mail starts out with a text message sent to the wrong person and turns into so much more. I really liked this book but it wasn’t my favourite by Kendall. Then again, it was still an incredible book that really had so much funny moments in it. My favourite character had to absolutely by Gram. She was such a spitfire and I kinda wished I had a grandmother like her.
14. The last book I finished in April was another audiobook. I have always wanted to get started on the series but for some reason I never did. When Netflix released the movie on the first book last year, I must’ve watched it at least 6 times already. To All the Boy I’ve Loved Before is such a funny book. I really really liked this one. Sadly I only owned the first book and I had to rectify that as soon as possible. I ended up ordering the second and third book as soon as I finished the first one. Lara Jean and Peter are so cute. I really want a sister like Kitty and I can’t wait to find out what happens next!
And that’s it. That’s all the books that I ended up reading in April. How was your reading month? Did you read any good one? Any recommendations on what I should read next? I can’t wait to find out what I end up reading in May! I’m off to a good start, having already finished 2 books on just the first day! But which ones those are, you’ll have to wait for them and see in my next wrap up! See you all next time.