Welcome to my first wrap up of 2019. I’ve decided that I really really want to get this blog thing of the ground more than I am currently doing and I thought this might be a good way to start it off. I’ve always been a fast reader and normally read about 150 books a year. However I started off 2019 reading 21 books in just the first month. If I keep this up (which I do hope) I will be finishing the year off with nearly 250 books, which would be incredible but as my goal is set at 100 books now, nowhere near expected to be reached.
In January I read the following books, with a little thought on them and my star rating on them! Here we go, in order:
1. The first book I read in 2019 was the last book in a trilogy by Lilian Monroe. Run to Me was a book that I loved but I’m not really into the insta love thing. Therefore the book only received 3 stars from me!
2. My second book of the year was a book I read for review. Rinkeldekink is written by one of my favourite Dutch actresses/presenters and tells about her stroke and her recovery from this. It was beautiful, but my review is already up so go read that if you’re interested! I gave this book 3 stars.
3. My third read was a book I received through NetGalley. Rookie in Love was a book that I thought I’d absolutely love but wasn’t that at all.. Everything happened SO fast and I ended up giving it only 2 stars.
4. When Dimple Met Rishi has been on my tbr pile for at least two years and I finally picked it up after putting it on my PopSugar challenge list for 2019. I ended up liking it but not loving it as I’ve well and truly outgrown my YA comtemporaries! I gave it 3 stars, it was cute but I didn’t love it.
5. The Year We Fell Down was a reread for me, although technically I listened to it through Audible. Sarina Bowen is one of my favourite authors out there and I can never get enough of. I gave this audiobook 5 stars and dove right into the second one after finishing.
6. My sixth book was The Sun is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon. Another book that was on my shelves for a long while but which I ended up not liking too much. Another YA book that yeah I’ve well and truly grown out off and which I will be donating as I don’t see myself reading it ever again. I ended up giving it 3 stars.
7. As said earlier, my next audiobook was the second book in the Ivy Years series by Sarina Bowen, that being The Year We Hid Away. I LOVE this book so much, every single book by Sarina is able to drag you right into the story and I am in love with these characters so much. Another 5 stars from me.
8. Next up was a series that I started years ago but never finished, and boy did I regret not finishing this up! Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat starts off this series with a fictional bang. While I read this one before, I forgot so much about this book already and I am so happy I decided to reread this and not skip it and go straight for the second one. This got 4 stars from me.
9. Of course I continued on with the series this time and it was Prince’s Gambit ’s turn for a read. I had not read this one before and omg do I regret it now.. this was already so much more intriguing than the first and it dragged me from the very first page. I was so excited to see what would happen to Damen and Laurent that I finished it in 2 days and dove straight into the third. 5 big happy stars from me.
10. Of course Kings Rising was next and boy was it a great one. This book will go down as the book that I lost all my post it tabs on. There were so many amazing bits that I want to remember that my entire book is covered in tabs and all the colours! Another 5 stars and an enormous book hangover to boot.
11. Lingus by Mariana Zapata was the book that dragged me out of said book hangover and had me laugh out loud so many times. The thing that I love most about Mariana’s books is that they’re such slow burners that by the end of it my heart aches for the release and I loved this one just as much! It got 4 stars from me, I read and listened to this book on and off ❤
12. Next was Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata. Can you tell that I love her already? Dear Aaron is told mainly in emails, texts and IM messages and I am HERE for that. I love books that develop through emails, they’re so cute. I loved this book and gave it 4 stars.
13. My review on GR for Tangled Like Us read as followed: Omg omg omg omg omg… Jane and Thatcher.. what did I just read.. and is it bad I already want to go for a reread? That was incredible! and I stick to that point. 5 stars from me for Jane Cobalt and Thatcher Moretti.
14. Overnight Sensation by Sarina Bowen is next, and guess what; I loved this so much. Heidi and Jason were so cute even though Jason resisted for so long haha. I had a clue about her dad from the very start and turned out I was right! Thank you so much Sarina, again, for the arc (through Nina of course) and I will be on the lookout for the next book!
15. The Wicked King by Holly Black was highly anticipated after reading The Cruel Prince last year. And boy it didn’t disappoint! I can’t believe we’ll have to wait more than a year before we get to read the next book! I can’t wait, and of course this got 5 stars from me!
16. One of my go to romance/NA authors is K.A. Tucker so whenever she brings out a new book, I will be the first one to read it. Be The Girl was no exception, even if it was a YA book instead of NA. I loved this book so much. Cassie’s character, was incredible and as someone who works with people on the spectrum, I recognized SO much in her. I definitely recommend this! I give this 4 stars
17. Next up is another reread by one of my favourite authors, namely Elle Kennedy. The Deal is such a cute book. It’s not complicated but it’s sweet and you get sucked into the story right away. I first read this 4 years ago and I think i fell in love all over again. 5 stars!
18. The Mistake is the second book in the Off Campus series by Elle Kennedy and swoon I want my very own Logan. I don’t care if he’s flawed or whatever is going on with him, I want someone like him haha. Another 5 stars
19. Next up, The Score, which tells the long awaited story of Dean Di Laurentis and it had another swoon worthy guy in it. Allie and Dean are such opposites and therefore are so good together. I am so in love with this series and all these characters! Again, 5 stars.
20. And fourth one is, The Goal, after reading a little bit about Tucker and Sabrina at the end of the third book, I couldn’t not dive straight into this. Mind that I was at home with the flu and while I wasn’t sleeping I was reading because these characters man ❤ Another big fat 5 stars.
21. The last book I finished this month, was Taming Him by Kennedy Fox. A new author to me but I read so much about them on bookstagram that I couldn’t not finally start this. I realized after finishing this that there’s other books that precede this one but I didn’t care as it is a stand alone series so it didn’t matter too much. I ended up giving this 4 stars.
I did start my 22nd book, which is King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo but I won’t be finishing that one in January, which is okay. I will wrap it up at the end of February hehe. If you made it through to the end of this book, you’re a trooper. Thank you so much!