Welcome to my third wrap up of 2019. I had an amazing reading month and I can’t wait to let you know which books I read. I didn’t read as many books as I read in the previous two months, but I did end up reading books that I really really enjoyed. I read a total of 17 books in March in the span of 31 days. I read the following books in March, with a little thought on them and my star rating on them! Here we go, in order:
1. The first book I finished in March was the second book in a trilogy that I love and reread this year. Preppy (or The Life and Death of Samuel Clearwater) is written by one of my favourite authors out there, T.M. Frazier. If you love adult romance with a lot of extra things, go read it. It is not for the faint hearted though!
2. The second book that I read was one I received as an arc. R.S. Grey is one of my go-to authors when it comes to romantic comedies. I love her books and Make me bad was one that is up in my top 10 by her. To be fair, I don’t think I’ve found a book by her that I hated! I ended up giving this stars, my review is already up on my blog, if you’re interested in more!
3. After Make Me Bad I made sure to finish out the trilogy by reading the final part in Preppy and Dre’s story. I forgot so many details about these book that I was so happy to dive back into them. I loved revisiting with my favourites and rekindling friendships with others. This was another stars from me.
4. After reading Make You Mine back in December last year, I couldn’t wait to find out more about Remington and what he would get up to. Add that to a daddy/nanny trope and I am absolutely sold! I loved this books so much, there was sas, there was a cute child and there was a hot romance. Heck yeah I was there for it!
5. Fifth was another arc that I received. I was lucky enough to receive an arc by Lex Martin last year and when I saw this one, I couldn’t not ask for it. The book was so funny and going from hate to love in a snowstorm and what follows was what I loved about Surprise, Baby. The book, written by Lex Martin and Leslie McAdam was so funny and witty. I gave it:
6. When my sister told me that there was a book coming out with three novellas by Sarina Bowen, I jumped on it and read it. We already knew two of the novellas as they were previously published, but there was a new one for Graham and Rikker and oh my heart.. It was the cutest, most heartbreaking novella and I had heart eyes the entire time.
7. Seventh up in March was another book by Mariana Zapata. During the last few months I’ve been slowly making my way through her books and Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin was one of the few I still had left to go. I liked this a lot although not as much as I’ve loved others by her. None the less this book received a full from me.
8. I had heard a lot of buzz about Daisy Jones & the Six and absolutely jumped on that book when it arrived on my doorstep. It released this month and all the reviews I’d seen and heard about it absolutely did it justice. This book was all I love in a book. There will be a full review coming this week, but all the freaking way!
9. After reading Boyfriend for Hire last month, I was so curious about Case and his story that I pre-ordered that book straight away. I was a happy camper when the book appeared on my kindle app at midnight and I was able to dive straight in. Case and Sienna were so cute and funny and I liked this book a lot! I kinda want Sienna’s brother to have a book now as well, we’ll see if that is going to happen!
10. I have not always been the biggest poetry fan, but Amanda Lovelace and Rupi Kaur are up there amongst my favourites. When I found out that Amanda was coming out with a new bind up, I HAD to get that book badly. It arrived on my doorstep and I dove straight in. Her poetry is raw, builds up and sometimes is all too familiar. Her lines are so beautiful and I can’t wait to find out more.
11. After loving Daisy Jones, I was really curious about The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. I had heard a LOT of good things about this book but had yet to pick it up until that point. I regret waiting that long because god was Reid able to write a gutwrenching beautiful story about a Hollywood actress and all that she went through, but maybe even more the author of her biography and her story. I am so excited to find out what Taylor Jenkins Reid comes up with next!
12. Next up is a book that I received through a Dutch publisher to review for De Leesfabriek. I have been a reviewer for them since 2014 and I am loving most of the books that I receive through them. I gave this book stars because I liked it but I was confused through a lot of the book and I didn’t really enjoy this as much as I enjoyed the original trilogy.
13. To read another book that was on my TBR pile for a long time, I read the screenplay to the second Fantastic Beasts film, The Crimes of Grindelwald. I liked reading it but what made the book for me were the illustrations that are seen throughout this book. Those were adding the third star for me.
14. By now, I own 5 books by V.E. Schwab and had yet to read one of them. After watching a booktube video that also talked about Vicious I decided to finally pick it up and dive in. I LOVED this so much, there was action, revenge, supernatural and I love how the EO’s come to be in this story. I will have to pick up Vengeful soon to find out what is going to happen to Victor and Eli next. I am very excited!
15. At the start of the year I began a reread of the Ivy Years by Sarina Bowen, as I didn’t continue on after the second book and after finishing the novellas earlier this month I was so excited to dive into Rikker and Graham’s story again. They held back their attraction so much and when I finished I realised why I loved reading their novella so much, because we find out what happens after this book. The Understatement of the Year received a full stars from me!
16. I couldn’t not continue on this series after finishing Understatement. Bella was one of my favourite characters throughout that book and I was so excited to find out what was going to happen to her in this book. I was not disappointed one bit. Bella and Rafe were so cute together. When Bella goes through her hardships, Rafe was the perfect friend to her and I too would’ve fallen hard for him!
17. And then the last book of March and the last book in the Ivy Years series. After meeting Lianne in the previous book I was, again, really curious to find out what her story would be. I got so angry at her agent, I loved her relationship with DJ Trevi, although I would’ve loved it if he would’ve just told her from the start what was going again, because I think out of ALL his friends, Lianne would’ve been the one to understand him. This book was incredible!
And that is my reading bit of March wrapped up! What do you think? How many books did you end up reading this month, were there any good ones or bad ones that you really didn’t enjoy? Let me know in the comments!